The specific gravity of polyester is 1.38; the melting point is 255 ~ 260 ° C, the bonding starts at 205 ° C, the safe ironing temperature is 135 ° C; the suction humidity is very low, only 0.4%; the breaking strength of the filament is 4.5 ~ 5.5 g / denier , short fiber is 3.5 ~ 5.5 g / den; filament elongation at break is 15 ~ 25%, short fiber is 25 ~ 40%; high strength fiber strength can reach 7 ~ 8 g / den, elongation is 7.5 ~ 12.5%. Polyester has excellent wrinkle resistance, elasticity and dimensional stability, good electrical insulation properties, resistance to sunlight, friction, no mildew, good chemical resistance, and resistance to weak acids and weak bases. At room temperature, it has a certain ability to resist thin and strong acid, and has poor resistance to strong alkali. Polyester has poor dyeing properties and generally needs to be dyed with a disperse dye at high temperatures or in the presence of a carrier.
Polyester has many excellent textile properties and performance. It can be used in pure textiles or blended with natural fibers such as cotton, wool, silk and hemp and other chemical fibers. It is made into a variety of colors, firm and scratchy. It is easy to dry, non-scaling and washable. It can be worn like wool, imitation cotton, imitation silk and imitation linen. Polyester fabric is suitable for men’s and women’s shirts, outerwear, children’s clothing, upholstery fabrics and carpets. Polyester can also be used as cotton wool because of its good elasticity and bulkiness. Industrial high-strength polyester can be used as tire cords, conveyor belts, fire hoses, cables, fishing nets, etc., and can also be used as electrical insulation materials, acid-resistant filter cloths and paper-making blankets. Non-woven fabrics made of polyester can be used for interior decoration, carpet backing, pharmaceutical industry fabrics, flocking, lining, etc.
1. Shading, light and ventilation. It can eliminate up to 86% of solar radiation, keep the indoor air clear, and clearly see the outdoor scene.
2. Insulation. Polyester fiber sun fabric has good thermal insulation properties not found in other fabrics, greatly reducing the use of indoor air conditioners.
3. UV protection. Polyester sun fabric resists up to 95% UV rays.
4. Fire protection. Polyester fabrics have flame retardant properties not found in other fabrics. The real polyester fiber fabric will retain the internal skeleton glass fiber after burning, so it will not be deformed, and the ordinary fabric will not have any residue after burning.
5. Moisture proof. Bacteria cannot multiply and the fabric does not mold.
6. Polyester fiber is prone to static electricity and is soaked and cleaned with a softener.
7. Constant size. The fabric itself determines that it is not malleable, does not deform, and maintains its flatness for a long time.
8. Easy to clean. Can be washed in clean water.
9. Anti-tear. No need for reinforcement, natural tear resistance, significant resistance to wind and frequent use.